- May 26, 2023Why are successful movies called blockbusters?
How the term transformed from describing a bomb capable of massive destruction to a film that is massively successful.
- May 5, 2023Twitter's blue check: What does it mean now?
For much of Twitter's existence, users longed for the platform's coveted blue checkmark. Then, Elon Musk arrived.
- Apr 20, 2023Know your Minnesota slang: 15 words and phrases Minnesotans use
The North Star State is not only home to Paul Bunyan and Prince but to many peculiar phrases, dontcha know.
- Apr 7, 2023Decoding workplace acronyms
This guide to some of the most common workplace chat and email acronyms should boost your productivity (or at least alleviate your desire to ragequit your WFH job).
- Mar 24, 2023Boomers, zoomers, and other generation names
Our guide to generation names will help you understand how they got them ... and the one to which you belong.
- Mar 10, 2023What's the difference between a nerd and a geek?
You might think the words nerd and geek are interchangeable. However, they actually describe distinct classes of dorks.
- Feb 22, 202315 slang terms for hairstyles
Our hairstyles say a lot about us. Learn the creative slang we use for describing our hair.
- Feb 3, 20238 ways to text "I love you" this Valentine's Day
Short on time this Valentine's Day? Here're 8 ways to tell your SO "I love you" as quickly (and cryptically) as possible.
- Jan 20, 202310 winter weather slang terms
It's getting pretty nippy out there! Check out our list of slang terms for describing wintry conditions.
- Jan 6, 2023Top 25 Twitch chat terms
New to Twitch? To help you understand what your fellow Twitch users are saying, we've assembled a list of essential Twitch chat terms you need to know.
- Dec 22, 2022Top 10 Slang Terms from 2022
2022 is almost in the books! View the top ten slang terms from the year.
- Dec 9, 2022Use social media to fill your TBR
Get an overview of social media's many communities of booklovers, including BookTok, BookTube, and BookTwt.
- Nov 23, 2022Giving thanks for Friendsgiving
All are welcome to celebrate Friendsgiving, a tradition that has become a staple in the Thanksgiving season.
- Nov 18, 2022Christmas Creep Is Here Again
Insidiously, the Christmas season seems to start earlier and earlier each year: a phenomenon known as Christmas creep.
- Nov 11, 2022Red Waves and Blue Waves
No, politicians are not surfing. Instead, they hope to turn the tides of political power with red or blue waves.
- Nov 4, 2022COVID Slang That is Sticking Around
While the COVID-19 pandemic is no longer quite the force it has been, it's still affecting the world around us, including our language.
- Oct 28, 2022A baller's guide to basketball slang
As basketball has evolved over the years, so has its language. Get ballin with the top 20 basketball slang terms.
- Oct 21, 2022A lurker's guide to Reddit slang
If you're new to Reddit, you might be having a hard time understanding the slang your fellow Redditors are using. This guide lists some common terms you need to know.
- Oct 14, 202210 of the most misused slang terms
It's challenging to keep up with slang, and it can be even more difficult when people are misusing it. Here are ten of the most misused slang terms.
- Jul 11, 2022Slangit is now Slang.net!
We have a new name and look but still the same helpful definitions.
- Dec 14, 2021Top 10 Slang Terms from 2021
2021 was another year dominated by covid-related slang. View the top ten slang terms from 2021.
- Dec 30, 2020Top 10 Slang Terms from 2020
2020 was unprecedented, including covid-related slang. View the top ten slang terms from 2020.
- Dec 29, 2020Top 10 Slang Terms from 2019
2019 slang was extra. Keep it 100 and browse the top ten slang terms from 2019.
- Dec 28, 2018The Top Ten Slang Terms from 2018
How many of the top ten slang terms for 2018 do you know?
- Jan 20, 201720 Tweets from Trump's Inauguration that might make you LOL
Read some of the funniest tweets from Trump's Inauguration.
- Dec 20, 2016The Top 10 Slang Terms from 2016
The 10 most popular slang terms from the year of 2016.
- Oct 12, 2016Top 10 Slang Terms from the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
Here are 10 of the most popular slang terms from the 2016 U.S. presidential race that you should know.
- Jul 18, 201615 Reasons to Hate Adulting
Peter Pan, Billy Madison, and Toys 'R' Us kids had it right: growing up is no good.
- Jun 17, 2016Clinton and Trump make "Delete your account" go viral
Recap of the Clinton-Trump "Delete your account" Twitter feud
- May 12, 2016Here's your guide to the most popular trending daily hashtags
Get to know the trending hashtag abbreviations for each day of the week
- Mar 16, 2016The Life of an Instagram Husband
What it's like being the husband of an Instagram star.
- Dec 15, 2015SWTFA: The Fandom Awakens
As The Force Awakens is released in theaters, a crazed fandom engulfs planet Earth
- Nov 12, 2015LOTV: The Epic Conclusion to the StarCraft 2 Series
The third installment to SC2 that brings closure to the StarCraft conflict
- Oct 20, 2015The hidden meaning behind the popular invitation
The rise in popularity of the guise for hooking up
- Aug 13, 2015The South Korean wave sweeping up the U.S.
The U.S. is learning about South Korea in a whole new way
- Jul 8, 2015What is Greece's Grexit strategy?
Greece's dying economy has given birth to a trending slang term
- Jun 3, 2015FIFA is Losing its Game
As the Women's World Cup begins, FIFA looks to make headlines on the field instead of off the field
- Apr 24, 2015Everyone Wants to Play the Game of Thrones
The phenomenon has contributed to pop culture in many ways, including slang
- Mar 21, 2015Mad for March Madness
The annual sporting event that captures the attention of millions during the month of March
- Feb 17, 2015Nonpology: The apology that isn't actually an apology
An "apology" that only makes things worse
- Jan 9, 2015To BAE or Not to BAE?
What does BAE actually mean?
- Dec 5, 2014Ghosting: The Most Efficient Goodbye
Learn how to "ghost" and avoid those long awkward goodbyes this Christmas season.
- Nov 6, 2014November is Movember
The month-long campaign to change the face of men's health
- Oct 17, 2014The MLB Postseason is in Full Swing
The Major League Baseball (MLB) postseason is filled with baseball slang.
Want to share a trending slang term or phrase? Let us know!